Friday, September 12, 2008

progress

Making progress with Lily has been difficult but things are starting to pick up today. Even though it's difficult for us to communicate, we are both hard workers and are both producing work. It's been really interesting to see how our missed communications turn out and how they fit together into our project. I'm really excited to see how it all turns out. Yesterday Lily was working on the video editing software and I didn't know how to help or what to do. She suggested that I create background images in illustrator. I've never done that, but wanted to contribute more to the project so I sat down on one of the computers and taught myself.

















I've also been working on my personal project in the evenings. I'm building a city out of water bottles and using Chinese newspaper to paper mache the whole thing. The city is Beijing and it is surrounded by a great wall. Inside the wall there is a crane that holds a bleeding star over the city. Outside the wall are the people. Instead of acting as protection against enemies, the wall serves to keep the people out of their own city... A city for no one. I'm titling the project "One World. One Dream" as a tribute to the Olympics and their affect on China. The bleeding star is a symbol of the future and how communism and capitalism are bleeding onto the world. The exhibition is Tuesday. Pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

mim said...

Sabadee."hello".sorry, another hello,
Brooke your writings, observations, thoughts, appreciations and pictures have been wonderful to read and view. If it wouldn't be boring I would like to look back through them with you and Sylvan when you get back. Promise not to ask to many questions. Hope all goes well with your presentations in your new outfit. Looking forward to seeing One World, One Dream. Namaste, William